Now I realize I am a little late in posting about the 4th of July and Summer, but so goes the story of my life. There have been many good intentions of getting a new post up but they were all soon destroyed by another poopy diaper, a crying child, more laundry to do, or a real need for a nap. So... i now write about our wonderful 4th of July in September, and other summer adventures :) Jason, Jack, and I, along with Whitney (Aunt Whit to Jack) went up to one of our favorite places...BELLINGHAM! We got to visit our wonderful friends the Loy family. We stayed with them for two nights and oh how I wish it could have been a week! Jack did amazingly well sleeping in a new place that wasn't a tent :) We packed the weekend with lots of Thai Food, Quelf, BUMP, Friends, lots of Babies, Sun, some amazing fireworks, more food, and LOTS of catching up.
Intense games of BUMP were played by all!
Happy Independence Day!
Jack visits the fire station with Firefighter Brody
Babies galore… Abby, Piper, and little Jack!
Our fireworks consisted of sparklers and snakes… this was our grand finale :)
The Clan!
Our next adventure led us to Colorado and Wyoming. We went to visit my extended family and some friends of Jason's. I'm not gonna lie, I was nervous about the plane rides, but Jack did awesome... as usual! He literally didn't cry once and someone told me I should have gotten an award for the best baby on the plane. I thought so too :) Enough bragging though, we spent lots of time visiting and catching up with family we hadn't seen in awhile and they all LOVED little Jack. Of course he really hammed it up for them all as well.
Grandma Birkett… a most gracious host who always has cake :)
Jack’s new friend, Wyatt. Such happy boys!
Cousin Katelyn… Jack was so happy to be out of the car :)
The night we got back, we were blessed by a visit from Jeremy and Natalie! How sweet it was. It was their first time meeting Jack and he sure did enjoy them. Always giving them big smiles! They got to be here for his dedication at church. That was such a sweet time. His life verse we chose for him is 1 John 2:15-17 . The rest of their visit included a trip to Natalie's Dad's Cabin for a BBQ and crab straight from the ocean. I loved it! I had never had crab like that before. Definitely an adventure in and of itself :)
Nothing like fresh crab for dinner!
We ended the month of August with our churches annual Family Camp. Now I have to admit, it was not at all what i expected. Let's just say family camp is different... when you have a family! Jack did well again, but sitting in the services was non existent, staying up playing games wasn't an option, and sleep was few and far between because i was worried about Jack being cold and rolling under the sleeping bag. All that to say it was... not wrong... just different. I told Jason on the way home, welp, looks like this is how family camp will be for a looonnnnggg time. That is if the Lord blesses us with more children!
So.. i think that wraps up our summer adventures. As we head into the Fall i am looking forward to so many things... here are a few of them.... colorful leaves, boots, sweaters, thanksgiving, the Puyallup fair, Jack turning 6 months old, cuddling up in lots of blankets, rain, yes, i did say rain :) and lots more!
Hope the fall is an adventure for you all as well!!
I am happy to read the update and the pictures are adorable. I was just telling Mom that I can't believe how cute Jack keeps getting! You did good with the writing. Love you,
ReplyDeleteJen